Portland's World Naked Bike Ride happens this Saturday June 25th at 8pm. So we figured you should know more about it before you go (if you're reading this you're going). The ride starts at Mt. Scott Park in SE and will follow a secret route that ends with an awesome sweaty naked dance party next to a river you can swim in to cool off. It's pretty wild!
1) Why are we riding? To protest oil dependency! To celebrate body diversity! To promote safer streets by exposing bicyclist vulnerability.
2) EveryBODY is welcomed to join - but only if they intend to ride. Driving to the start location just to watch or take photos like TOTAL FUCKING PERVERTS is fiercely discouraged. So just come to ride.
3) It's a FREE event, but donations to Umbrella are what keeps the ride going each year.
4) Volunteers are awesome and volunteers can still ride!
5) There are 100s of World Naked Bike Rides all around the planet. This one is Portland's contribution to the global conversation.
6) We'll be there riding with you and over 10,000 other riders.
7) "As bare as you dare" means you don't have to ride totally naked if you don't want to. Riding is more important then being totally naked.
You can learn more in the FAQ section: of pdxwnbr.org